Student Dress Code
Saguaro Hills SDA Christian School recognizes the diverse nature of dress today and while we appreciate each student’s desire to express him or herself, the objective of our dress code is to motivate self-discipline in the areas of modesty, cleanliness, neatness, and acceptability.
Boys and girls will be required to wear polo shirts or long sleeve shirts/blouses that are solid colors only. Pants, skirts, shorts, skorts, or jumpers must be navy blue or khaki. Girls may wear either loose pants or skirts, but skirt length must be below the knee while seated.
The following dress practices are prohibited:
- Clothing is not to be torn, frayed, or have holes.
- Clothing should not be extremely tight or loose, such as sagging. Pants must sit at natural waist line and not inhibit movement.
- Shirts must be not transparent and have sleeves. Shoulders must be covered and there are to be no bare midriffs. Undergarments, cleavage, stomachs, or backs must not be showing.
- No hats, hoods, or head wear should be worn indoors. Exceptions may be applied for.
- Clothing with inappropriate words, sayings, pictures, or emblems are not permitted. This applies to book covers, carry bags, or any other item where such images can be displayed. These items should have plain colors, where possible, without graphic images.
- Clothing that promotes music groups, TV shows, and movies will not be allowed.
- Athletic, sweat and jogging pants/shorts are not allowed, except when engaging in physical education classes or special events.
- Skirts/dresses should be knee length or longer while seated.
- Closed-toe, properly fitted and secured shoes are to be worn at all times. Tennis or running shoes should be worn for physical education activities.
- Hair, make up and nails should be neatly groomed.
- Body piercings, tattoos, and writings are not permitted anywhere on the body. Any pre-existing tattoos must be covered up before entering school each morning.
- Dangling jewelry is not permitted for safety reasons.
- Due to some allergies, colognes and perfumes are not permitted. However, body deodorants are highly encouraged.
Any questions regarding dress code requirements should be directed to the school’s administration. Students who fail to comply with the dress code requirements will be sent home.